MCL fire are actively recruiting a General Manager to join our Belfast based team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager role will be broad in nature and integral to MCL Fire
Directs and oversees other staff members to make sure daily operations align with the vision of the company. Manages the customer service aspect of the organisation and can step in when a customer is unhappy with the outcome of an interaction with an employee or experience with a product. Promotes the goals of the organisation on a daily basis with each employee, while optimising and improving the bottom line of the company.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets
- Aides in marketing for the company
- Reviews reports to determine profitability and areas of improvement
- Oversee daily operations of the business organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the business
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the employees.
- Report key results to senior management / directors
- Engage with directors in broader organizational strategic planning
- Introduction, development and formalising of new and existing processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Essential)
- Knowledge of Fire Industry Standards and requirements
- Management Skills
- Health and Safety
- Ability to work on own and achieve key tasks
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- IT Literacy – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM/MIS Experience
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Influencing and Negotiations Skills
- Innovation / R&D knowledge and skills
- Planning and organising (including business planning)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector tendering
- Commercial awareness of the fire safety industry and key trends
- Report Writing
- 2 years’ experience managing a business department
- Management experience within the fire industry
- Experience in the service delivery sector
- Experience setting and managing budgets in a similar sized or larger organisation
- Strategic planning and development experience
- Business level planning and implementation
- Experience managing cross functional / project teams
- 5 Years management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or a related discipline
- MSc in Business, Management, or related discipline
- Professional Management training and / or qualification