Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries,which are coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network. MCL Fire has made increasing commitments to become a more environmentally friendly and are proud to say they are one of the very few companies with ISO 1400 which is a family of standards related to environmental management that exists to help organisations minimise how their operations (processes, etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e. cause adverse changes to air, water, or land) and comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements.
MCL are also proud to stock Envirofoam fire extinguisher from CommanderEDGE which is a true market leader with a difference. Not only does this innovative unit boast an outstanding 27A 183B rating, making it a high performer against Class A and B fires, but its foam concentrate is extremely environmentally friendly.
It’s designed to meet the requirements of the Milieukeur standard and its low fluorine content (less than 0.04%) ensures the foam is less harmful to the environment than regular foams, should an external discharge occur. The EnviroFoam is also Kitemarked to BS EN3, which further strengthens assurance of its dependable design and manufacture.
This is the perfect Extinguisher for companies who are working on improving their eco foot and working towards their ISO 1400 or 900! Have a look at some of the ways below your business can also become more environmentally friendly
1.Turn off equipment when it’s not being used. This can reduce the energy used by 25 percent; turning off the computers at the end of the day can save an additional 50 percent.
2. Encourage communications by email, and read email messages onscreen to determine whether it’s necessary to print them. If it’s not, don’t!
3. Reduce fax-related paper waste by using a fax-modem and by using a fax cover sheet only when necessary.Fax-modems allow documents to be sent directly from a computer, without requiring a printed hard copy.
4. Produce double-sided documents whenever possible.
5. Do not leave taps dripping; always close them tightly after use. (One drop wasted per second wastes 10,000 litres per year.)
6. Start a Carpooling system, If multiple people are coming from the same area into the office using one car this will cause a reduction in pollution
7. Find a supply of paper with maximum available recycled content.
8. Choose suppliers who take back packaging for reuse.
9. Instigate an ongoing search for “greener” products and services in the local community. The further your supplies or service providers have to travel, the more energy will be used to get them to you.
10. Before deciding whether you need to purchase new office furniture, see if your existing office furniture can be refurbished. It’s less expensive than buying new and better for the environment.